Christ the King Celebrates 10 Years as a Beacon of Hope for Families on Chicago’s West Side.
With the start of the 2017-2018 school year, Christ the King Jesuit College Prep embarks on our 10th year of challenging, inspiring, and empowering young men and women on Chicago’s West Side to reach their full potential. CTK continues to provide our students with a strong academic and spiritual foundation, in a safe and disciplined environment. Each student participates in the unique Corporate Work Study program five days of month, gaining valuable experience and self-confidence, while also earning the majority of their college prep tuition.
Since we opened our doors ten years ago, CTK has had a significant positive impact on our students, their families and the surrounding communities. CTK's and its students' noteworthy achievements since our founding 10 years ago include:
- Every graduate has been accepted to college with 100% acceptance to 4-year colleges/universities for the last two years.
- Over 93% college matriculation by graduating seniors, and a college graduation rate 2X that of their socio-economic peers nationally.
- Acceptance into 125 different colleges & universities by the 2017 graduating class.
- 334 CTK Alumni in college or the workforce, representing 6 graduating classes.
- Nearly 60,000 hours of community service preformed since 2008 by CTK students becoming men and women for others.
- Our students have earned $2.5 million through our Corporate Work Study Program, by working at 112 Chicagoland businesses, including 11 founding partners who have employed CTK’s students during each of our 10 years.
- Dozens of CTK students participating in summer college prep and enrichment programs including, DePaul University, Dominican University, Georgetown University, Indiana University, Loyola University Chicago, St. Mary’s of Minnesota and Santa Clara University.
- 34 current students participating in CTK’s National Honor Society
While we are proud of what has been accomplished to-date, CTK continues to add new programs and initiatives with the help of our supporters and staff, to better prepare our students for college and life. A few examples include:
- A variety of 13 different clubs are now offered - from Peer Ministers to Mock Trial to Praise Dance.
- Our Band/Majorettes group ascension to CTK’s largest club with 72 participating students led by Music Teacher, Eugene Westmoreland.
- The newly formed tackle football team with 35 players and 6 coaches, which has garnered local media coverage and the support of the Chicago Bears.
- Enhanced technological resources including Chromebooks made available to all senior, junior and now, sophomore students.
- An after-school Academic Center to provide CTK students with a quiet place for homework and faculty assistance. Daily Academic Center attendance has become part of the school culture.
- Expanded college counseling & alumni support to assist our students in finding the right college, and provide continuing support for our graduates while in college.
What’s a birthday without a party? Thank you for celebrating our 10th anniversary at the King of Hearts Gala presented by Wintrust on January 26th. Over 700 friends of CTK joined us for a record-breaking evening supporting our students and their families. For pictures and videos from the event, click HERE.