Summer Business Training
Each summer for two weeks, volunteers and staff run the Summer Business Training for incoming Freshmen. Students study the basics in communications, computer skill building and ethics for the workplace. Students begin their work assignments in late August having mastered this core programming and ready to receive targeted training at their work sites.
The 2019 Summer Business Training runs the weeks of Monday, July 8th, and Monday, July 15rd (Monday - Friday each week).
Many volunteers are needed to help teach our newest students the hard and soft skills needed to successfully contribute in their work study jobs. All teaching materials will be provided to you.
Contact Ms. Mosie Duhe for more information about the 2019 Summer Business Training at email@example.com or 773-261-7505 ext 258. Or see the information sheet attached below. Thank You!
Thank you to the many individuals and companies who volunteered for last year's Summer Business Training:
- Access Living
- Associated Bank
- BMO Private Bank
- Chicago Public Schools
- Christ the King Jesuit College Preparatory - Parents, Faculty, Staff, Volunteers
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- Cristo Rey Network
- Equity Residential
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- GBC Inc.
- Ignatian Volunteer Corps of Chicago
- Illinois Action for Children
- Jackson State University JP Morgan Chase
- Leadership Greater Chicago
- Mayer Brown, LLP
- Nectel Technologies
- Our Lady of Charity School
- Restored Vision Youth Empowerment
- RR Donnelly
- Sheriff of Cook County - Thomas J. Dart
- St. Ignatius College Prep
- Standard Bank & Trust
- The Allstate Corporation
- USA Midwest Province of the Society of Jesus
- The PrivateBank
- The United States Department of Justice
- University of Illinois